Saturday, January 17, 2009

Some "Older" Pictures

Tonight I found a memory stick to our old camera. I popped it in the computer and found my heart full of happiness. It's been a while since I have seen these newborn babies, but I thought I'd give you a quick glimpse of them in the NICU. Remember, when they were born I had been "sitting around" quite a bit. Too bad I had not started a blog to keep me busy. I sure wish I had started sooner to have saved more memories of these tiny miracles.




I decided I should include this one of me. This picture was taken 3 days before I delivered the boys. As I look at this picture I wonder why it looks so much emptier and the carpet looks so much cleaner. Then I come back to reality and remember...
This is Max less than a day old. He was 5lb 12oz if you want to know how big he was.
This is one of the few I have where you can see from above. This is Max too.
Here's Myles. He was 4lbs 10oz. Notice the black and blue foot. It was from taking blood. The boys went into incubators not long after these were taken. I guess they always start the babies off with minimum and then see what they can do on their own.
Papa and Max. I think Max is telling Papa he is not fond of his Huskers jacket!

I think this is Myles with GJ. My mom is the sole reason we have survived having TWO preemie babies at the same time. She stayed with us Sunday night through Friday night and then slept at home on Saturdays and Sundays. She was and still is truly a blessing. All of our family is, but GJ can say she was there through thick and thin.
If you look to the left of my mom's shoulder you will see a "B" with small footprints next to it. The B represents Baby B which was Myles. Those are his footprints and his name is next to them. I believe there was also a dinosaur by the prints.
Look at the chair I am sitting in. You can see the milk in the feeding tube for Max. It was probably 7-8 mL...MILLILITERS! It's like one and a half teaspoons. Seriously!

Look how much younger and thinner I look here! (And Kelly had the guts to show up with full makeup and outfit!) Geez, I have aged in the past 3 years. I am now showing signs of sleepless nights and busy days. I'm not complaining, because I know just how blessed I am!

1 comment:

Ian's Mom said...

Kerry, I love that picture of a pregnant you!