Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'll give this a try!

Well, I decided I would try to create a blog. If you know me very well, you know that I'm not real techno-savvy! I take the easy way out when it comes to technology and I let someone SHOW me what to do! We shall see how this goes...

Max, Myles, Sean and I have so much fun, I thought maybe it would be fun to share the excitement with someone else. I have loved reading other people's blogs, so why not put more out there to read? I'm terrible about sending digital pictures, but hopefully this will give me an incentive...(AND hopefully my computer will be able to do what I want it to do! I cannot seem to get the part to work for my digital camera card. Somehow it seems to work for Sean but not for me.)

The boys and I have had lots of fun this summer. I take M&M to Gymboree each morning. The idea is that I have somewhere to go with them and it will give them some time to burn some energy! Both of the boys have gained some confidence and had lots of fun. (Both if them will now go down the slide at McDonald's!) They don't always want to do what the teacher is wanting them to do, but I think the concept is that the kids do what they WANT to do. I decided it would be fine, however the teacher part of me cringes at the thought of MY kids not doing what the teacher says to do. :)

Since I'm talking about Gymboree..today the boys had a hay-day on the slide. There was a piece of bearskin-type stuff that we put down underneath the boys before they slid down. They went together-one behind the other- and the boy in the back had his arms wrapped around the boy in the front. They loved it and giggled every time they did it. I'm going to try to remember to take my camera to take a picture tomorrow. (Again, if you know me, I am terrible about taking pictures. I'm even worse about downloading them and erasing them off the card. So, I just buy another card! This blog is going to motivate me though!!)

We are all excited because Gramie and Pops are coming tomorrow!!! These are my grandparents who live in Iowa. Gramie is 90 years old and acts more like 50. She (and Pops) are amazing! They are both very active and play golf quite a bit. Gramie sews quilts and crochets too. She's sharp as a tack, and keeping her mind busy with projects is probably the secret. I should only be so lucky to have some of her genes. (I'll try to post a picture of them.) Anyway, I am SOO excited I bet I cannot sleep tonight. I'm giddy just like the little Kerry Bramble waiting for Gramie and Pops to pull in the driveway...We are all going to the Lenexa 4th of July parade--a Bramble tradition! Don't ask me why we like to drive to downtown Lenexa, search for a parking space, walk and then stand and sweat our tails off watching the boy scouts and political parties go by! I don't mean to be so negative, but it is not like a Bramble to sign up to go and stand and sweat! Don't worry, we will all be decked out in red, white and blue. GJ even bought the boys a festive shirt to wear!

Enough for now. Hopefully I can get back on here to make more posts and continue my new technology adventure. "It'll be fun" as Max and Myles like to say!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

I'm so glad that you're trying a blog! I do love to read them and this way I can keep up on the McDaniel household. I'm so sad that it's the 4th tomorrow...you know why-ha!

Tash

CJMJayhawk said...

Love it, love it, love it....