Tonight I got a haircut. I know, not real exciting...However, there's a story... As many of you know, I am a bit cheap when it comes to cutting these curls. I go to this darling hair salon where walk-ins are welcome. It's my kind of salon: cheap haircuts with no appointments necessary AND they are a full-service salon. (Got my brows waxed, too.) Anyway, this nice girl started cutting my hair and I noticed the picture of a sweet-looking blonde preschooler on her counter. I asked if it was her daughter and she told me it was. Her name was Makenna.
I had notice earlier that the girl cutting my hair was wearing a nametag saying her name was Melanie. We talked and as she was working I mentioned that I wanted my kids to have 'M' names---and that my sister-in-laws all had 'M' names. I mentioned that I had a sister-in-law named Melaney and my boys were Max and Myles. She then tells me her daughter was a twin. The babies had twin-to-twin transfusion, and they were born at 27 weeks. One of the babies lived 9 days, and she told me she and her husband are at peace knowing that they know exactly what the baby would look like today if she were alive---her identical twin!
I'm sure you can imagine that I had tears, and I thanked her for sharing her story. I'm sure it's not easy, and the fact that I was talking about my twins did not help.
As I drove home, I was reminded for the 2,567,899th time how incredibly blessed we are.
We.have.two.miracles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment