Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just Like Old Times

We had to visit Auntie Mae's...it's where Sean and I met!
From Denver, Texas, Georgia and Kansas City...it was great to reunite with good friends!
I've realized I am not so young...after an awesome weekend in Manhattan with many of my sorority sisters! We met for a 50th anniversary of our sorority at K-State, and we had a blast.

Friday started with lunch at Rock-a-Belly, a visit to Varney's and a night out at Kite's. I think there were more Thetas in Kite's on Friday night than there ever were at one time when I was actually in college. We could not believe our cab ride was only $5 each way, and it was even better that none of us needed to be the DD.

Saturday started with a tour of our sorority house (nothing has changed!) and then an afternoon tea with over 400 ladies. It was great! Of course, we managed to end the night back in Aggieville and had a great time. The only 'downer' was when a college punk asked us if we were in Manhattan for Mom's weekend!! We got to our hotel room at 2:30 with enough time to order a pizza from Pizza Shuttle...and of course we remembered the phone number----776-5577!

Our girls' weekend was a great escape from reality. One thing's for sure...these gals are friends for a lifetime!

No comments: