I hate to say this is one of the few pictures I have of my sister-in-law, Melaney. This is her on her wedding day with her big brother, Sean. I have a wonderful feeling when I look at this picture. It reminds me of the glorious day she wed Edward and all of the McDaniel clan were together to celebrate in Dallas. Melaney and Edward have endured a rather rocky journey in attempt to conceive a child. Yes, it hits so close to home, and Sean and I have have been through much of the same things. It's been years since they began trying, and currently Melaney and Edward are going through the IVF process. It's been great to hear Mel's great attitude and determination when I talk with her on the phone and read her blog. Thursday will be the day they will retrieve the eggs, and I'm looking forward to it almost as much as they. It seems like not long ago Sean and I were headed to the hospital for our retrieval, and the day is vivid in my memory. Luckily it's a sweet memory, and I pray they can say the same of theirs.
No one says life is fair, but I will say going through a fertility process is very difficult. It doesn't seem fair that two people who love each other have to struggle to create life. I won't get started in my whole feeling of the situation, but I will say I know it's making Mel and Edward better people, and Sean and I are better humans because of it, too.
Please keep them in your prayers. I know God has His plan for them, and I am hopeful this is the time for them to begin their journey as parents.
1 comment:
Kerry - thank you so much for your kinds words. They are so comforting during this time. Edward and I are so fortunate to have an "inside look" from you all at this roller coaster journey. Your optimism has been such a huge help and we're praying for the same outcome! We love you guys!
Post a Comment