Saturday, November 1, 2008
Halloween Part 1: Pumpkin Carving
GJ and Papa picked Max and Myles up from school, so they could be part of Papa's annual pumpkin carving experience. One problem: Papa and GJ could not find a pumpkin to buy! So Daddy came through and bought one at a church close to our house. I think the $12 was worth it!
We decided it would be much easier to take the shirts off so they would not get messy. I guess I did not realize how white trash it would look in pictures. Needless-to-say, the boys are still darling with or without a shirt!
Max and Myles were not real crazy about reaching in to pull out the seeds. Max found two small decorative knives of GJ's, so they were more interested in cutting like Papa!
If you know my dad, you know he is a perfectionist with certain things. It's usually his jack-o-lantern, but this year he had help. It turned out darling.
GJ insisted on lighting the candle. I'm not sure the candle was big enough, but it worked.
Here's the finished product. Both boys wanted to take the top off and blow out the candle. It was fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment