We started off Tuesday morning with big boy underwear and our jammies. (None of us ever want to take jammies off!) Both boys had an accident almost immediately, but I can say they were the only ones!!
Max and Myles both have the "hang of it" (pun intended!). Max shocked us by pooping on the potty Tuesday night. He was in the bathroom while I was folding laundry when he called me. He was sitting on the rim without the seat down! It did not matter.
Myles pooped on the potty last Sunday night at a BBQ at someone else's house. It was a shock, but he got a great candy treat right away. I think that was what helped when we started Tuesday morning.
We filled a glass jar with Mike and Ikes and I told them they would get 2 if they went on the potty! It was not long and they were going like crazy! It's now Sunday, and our success continues. Myles' diaper was dry overnight last night, so we hope it lasts!!
I'm thrilled and relieved. I worried I waited too long to start, but I wanted to be home with them to do all of this. And summer was the best time for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment